It gives us great pleasure to welcome you to the ASU International Scientific Forum for the Faculty of Pharmacy at ASU, under the theme ‘New horizons and opportunities for pharmacy practice and education in Jordan’, held under the patronage of his Excellency Doctor Haitham Abu Khadija, Council Vice President of ASU, on the 12th of January 2020.,
This exceptional Forum will bring together academics from different schools and universities in Jordan and abroad. The Forum will be held in collaboration with the universities of Huddersfield (UK), Coventry (UK), and Cambridge Assessment (UK). Pioneer speakers will talk about the latest in education and practice in the fields of pharmacy and tertiary education, covering a range of information, from developing the English language competence of students to the day-to-day practices they can adopt.
Acknowledging that learning is best accomplished through an engaging and interactive setting, the forum will also feature several parallel activities, including:
1) ASU fourth specialized workshop for Community Pharmacy Preceptors under the theme ‘Towards a Distinct Pharmacy Field Training IV’.
2) A lab-based pharmacy undergraduate competition with a focus on extemporaneous preparations titled ‘Hands-on Pharmacy’.
3) A workshop on pharmacists’ professional development titled ‘Write a professional CV and prepare yourself for job interviews – practice with the Triple S Academy’.
4) The undergraduates’ posters session shedding light on the latest in important pharmaceutical areas.
5) The nutritional assessment session offered by the new Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics Department.
We encourage you to learn more about the Forum, and make plans to join us at the conference Palace at ASU, for a day that we are confident, will mark another landmark in the path of education and practice in Jordan and abroad.
Professor Iman Basheti
ASU-Pharmacy 2020 International Scientific Forum